Subject: Re: MSI-7093 USB & audio problems (ATI IXP chipset), IRQ related?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn@netilium.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/20/2005 19:10:43
Tobias Nygren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an MSI-7093 (RS480-M2) motherboard with a radeon xpress chipset.
> When I enable onboard USB in the BIOS I get 99% time spent serving intrs,
> and it appears to pump several thousand interrupts per second.
> USB does not work. I have tried various combinations of ACPI and
> INTR_FIXUP.
> With ACPI enabled I don't see IRQ storms, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Also the onboard audio does not work. Applications using the audio
> device immediately block. I'm running -current and the latest BIOS
> firmware.

Hmm. Disabling ACPI, updating to today's current and performing a CMOS reset
made USB work, but then I got this:

tnn@soyokaze:~$ dmesg | grep irq\ 3
ohci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 19 (irq 3)
ohci1: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 19 (irq 3)
ehci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 19 (irq 3)
eap0: couldn't establish interrupt at irq 3
rtk0: couldn't establish interrupt at irq 3

Appears to be a resource conflict. On a subsequent boot, after mucking
with the BIOS,
ohci was no longer the first device to claim it's shared IRQ, and then
it broke like before.
Also, still no luck with the auixp0. Suggestions welcome.

-Tobias