Subject: Re: AHA-2940 UW SCSI adapter problems?
To: Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/19/2005 09:09:51
On 7/19/05, Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org> wrote:
> With your 2940UW, you're not going to see as many benefits over today's
> ATA stuff.  IIRC, UW was 40m/s, so even an older ATA100 disk would boast
> higher burst throughput on a single device.  Loaded with 7 disks though,
> the SCSI would show what it was made of. =3D)

Not only that, but aren't the claims of throughput rates on ATA
devices between the on disk cache and the controller or something? No
way do these devices actually move 133 megs a second sustained
(talking about ATA133), at least from what I've seen on a machine that
should have been able to handle it.

Andy