Subject: Re: x86-32 PAE
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Edward B. Dreger <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/07/2005 01:03:38
(Threading from my post as I don't receive this list...)

Thanks for explaining, Matthias.  I knew about the 4 GB window and the
limited kernel address space, but just didn't think about vnodes/etc.
overflowing the available kernel space.

What is the proper behavior?  Limit vnode tables and similar?  Resort to
arch-specific ugliness such as a separate segment for vnodes?

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/