Subject: Re: cd0(piixide0:1:0): illegal request, data = 00 00 00 00 6f 03 00 00 00 00
To: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/30/2005 13:12:53
On Wed 29 Jun 2005 at 15:59:09 -0700, John Clark wrote:
> Don't get DVD's from Australia... If it is a writable disk then perhaps
> it has a bad track. If it is a
> commercial video disk then: 1) could be encrypted. 2) 'encrypted' by
> being a PAL formated video program,
> or 3) both. Does mplayer play PAL/NTSC transparently, and does it ignore
> 'zones', the other pile of crap
> method of locking the world in to little blox by the media corporations.

Yes, as long as you also have libdvdcss installed it completely fixes
encryption and AFAICT the antisocial (and anticompetitive and
anti-free-trade) zone thing as well.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!