Subject: Re: lkm changes from 1.6.1 -> 2.? (followup)
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/2005 12:10:19
--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 07:45:28PM +0300, Peter wrote:
>=20
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>=20
> >On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 01:37:53PM +0300, Peter wrote:
> >>
> >>With regard to my previous message: I have solved the expect/tty/modem
> >>problem. It required recompiling expect (and tcl and tk). It also
> >>required reducing the speed to which the modem ttys were set. It appears
> >>that the tty/modem system loses chaacters above 33.8kBps in my
> >>configuration. Of course the modem works perfectly at 56.7k under
> >>minicom (how come ?).
> >
> >Handshaking problem. As it works fine with minicom, you're failing to set
> >the correct handshaking mode from expect....
>=20
> I don't think it's handshaking. expect never sets stty parameters, and I=
=20
> have crtscts on the command line for the real stty I'm using before (and=
=20
> while) calling the expect script.

Did you _check_ that somehow? (oscilloscope, serial analyzer, etc.)?
Your descripion points at handshaking problems, then handshaking problems,
then handshaking problems.

Also not that you might have a cabling problem, and that minicom is fast
enough to never trigger handshaking, while expect is slow enough that it
would need it, only that it doesn't work in that case...

Regards,
	-is

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--