Subject: re: lkm changes from 1.6.1 -> 2.?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter <plp@actcom.co.il>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/2005 12:16:09
Hello,

are there any changes in the way lkms work between 1.6.1 and 2. ? Will a
1.6.1 lkm work directly in 2. (assuming it is recompiled under the 2.
source tree) ?

And: Is there a known problem with expect under netbsd when expect talks
directly to a modem ? I have some really strange things happening. This
seems to be related to the /dev/dtyxx problem since replacing the tty
with a spawned cat process fixes the problem.

More to the point: If I cause a modem to dial and connect to a remote
modem using expect, and then send data through the modem, the tty
associated with the modem goes crazy and huge amounts of NULs and
repeated bits of previous buffers start to appear in the expect input
strings. This is really annoying. I would like to know if this is a tty
problem or an expect problem. I cannot post a simple script to duplicate
the problem (I will do that later if necessary). Handshake problems are
excluded (internal modem on ISA, no serial cable).

So is there a known problem with ttyxx and/or expect in a modem context
in 1.6.1 ? And if there is, has it been fixed in 2.? (assuming it is in
tty and not in expect).

I know I should upgrade and I am ready to do that but I have some things
to finish before that.

thanks,
Peter