Subject: Re: Bug in kdebase3.4.1
To: Robert Zagarello <bzag0@yahoo.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2005 22:55:09
I'n not sure why you posted this to port-i386.  Probably tech-pkg
would be the best, and netbsd-help and netbsd-users would be better
alternates than port-i386.  IMHO.

To answer your question: pkgsrc's CVS versions have no bearing on
the versions of packages.  In fact, software versions in general
are unrelated to CVS (or other version-control) versioning.  The
CVS version is just a unique identifying tag.

Secondly, I would not advise trying to revert a single package
unless you are absolutely sure that that's what you want to do.
I would suggest reverting your entire pkgsrc tree.

You probably want to instead do something like:

  cd /usr/pkgsrc && cvs udpate -PAd -D yesterday

...except that "yesterday" probably isn't the datespec that
you want.  See the cvs(1) man-page for ways you can specify
the date.

Also note that "update" is probably what you want, rather
than "checkout".

I hope that that's of some help.  Good luck.