Subject: Re: pthreads/other threads status ?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Peter <plp@actcom.co.il>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2005 21:48:14
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:04:53AM +0300, Peter wrote:
>>
>> Could you look at the comment at the top of /usr/include/pthread.h and
>> see what it says ? (on my 1.6.1 it is at /include/pthread.h)
>
> You're using a pretty seriously misinstalled system.  No release of
> NetBSD has ever shipped with a directory called "/include".  Nor does
> pkgsrc install into /include unless you work moderately hard to force
> it to.
>
> I'm not entirely sure where your libpthread came from but I can
> assure you it's not the one we ship with NetBSD as of NetBSD 2.0.

I believe that. I d/l'd 1.6.1 in pieces (not the whole image) and
installed packages until I got what I needed. I did not bring in any
packages from the outside (outside Netbsd download sites etc). I know
even less than you where the packages are coming from. The /include
directory contains items like:

X11 bzlib.h cursesapp.h expect.h tcldbg.h and more

I think that it should be under /usr/include but I know no way to put
them where they are now. Anyway the system works fine. And I have no
idea whence the pthreads came from. It is possible that I compiled
something that brought them in.

thanks,
Peter