Subject: Re: tiny and small boot floppies
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2005 22:18:43
On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 03:41:36PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> It is becoming increasingly difficult maintaining the
> bootfloppy-{small,tiny} and rescue-tiny boot floppy images.
>
> If we stopped supporting them, would this materially inconvenience
> anyone? Has anyone here used any of these images recently?  Hardware
> that needs either of these is now quite old, and it is always possible
> to build a custom boot floppy if needed.

I'm not sure the normal install floppies will run on a 16MB system.
There are quite a lot of these still in use ...

Maybe we don't need to provide the boot floppies images, but we probably
want to still provide the ramdisk images that can be put in a kernel
binary using mdsetimage.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>