Subject: Re: panic on 2.0.2
To: Robert Zagarello <bzag0@yahoo.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/2005 21:30:48
On 6/3/05, Robert Zagarello <bzag0@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Andy,
>=20
> Sounds like a page fault trap.  UVM is the BSD virtual
> memory system, meaning it manages the swap file.
> Among the things that can cause a page fault is a bad
> sector on your swap partition, but a driver bug can
> cause it as well.  At this point I would be talking
> out of my hat if I go any further.  Perhaps others
> have ideas about eliminating the possible error
> sources.

It happened again just when I was trying to read your message... And
again. Same problem. One time it was saying postgres caused it, the
other perl.

And I lied about the kernel. I'll have to see what I did. I'm back to
GENERIC now and I haven't had a problem (yet). But I know the main
reason I recompiled was to set it up as postgresql recommends
(semaphore stuff).

Another thing, I was able to get sync to work and finish successfully
as it said, then after reboot when the system was coming up, savecore
said it didn't have anything. Maybe I'm not set up right...

Andy