Subject: Re: [port-i386@NetBSD.org] Missing packages
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/2005 16:35:01
Hi Robert.

 > Michael,
 >
 > If you can use CVS then use that instead of
 > downloading the pkgsrc tarball manually.  CVS will
 > "track" your updates to pkgsrc properly.  (Anyone else
 > please comment.)
 >
 > Also, the command lintpkgsrc -i (installed from
 > pkgtools/pkglint) will tell you what the pkgsrc
 > updates are compared to your installed packages by
 > reporting "version mismatches".
 >
 > pkg_info -nRv <pkgname> will also report package
 > dependencies (the "v" also reports package conflicts
 > from the packing list).
 >
 > BZAG
 > ======================
 >
 > --- Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk> wrote:
 > > Thank you to Zafer Aydogan and Robert Zagarello for
 > > taking the time to
 > > reply to me.
 > >
 > > Robert wrote:
 > >  >
 > >  > Michael,
 > >  >
 > >  > Were you able to find these?  PKGSRC contains:
 > >  >
 > >  > gtk2+-2.6.7
 > >  > GIMP Toolkit v2 - libraries for building X11 user
 > >  > interfaces
 > >  >
 > >  > win32-codecs-050115
 > >  > Huge compilation of Win32 binary codecs
 > >  >
 > >  > BZAG
 > >
 > > Unfortunately I have been out of town this week, so
 > > I have not had the
 > > time to investigate any further.
 > >
 > > I will have a look at it as soon as possible and let
 > > you know the
 > > outcome.
 > >
 > > Best regards
 > >   Ib-Michael Martinsen
 > > --
 > > Email at home: imm(at)nethotel.dk
 > > Email at work: imm(at)dk.ibm.com
 > > Running NetBSD/i386 v2.0

I found the win-codecs on the website Zafer pointed me to and
installed them and kdemultimedia without any further problems,
but I have been unable to find the gtk2+ package.

I have downloaded the pkgsrc'es and looked at them without finding any
gtk2+ package. The only one I can find is in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2 but
looking at the output of

make fetch-list

I mostly see references to gtk+-2.6.7. Is this the same package as
gtk2+-2.6.7 which I need to install the jpilot package?

The fetch-list also lists a lot of other packages of which I have
already some installed. Will these packages be re-fetched and
recompiled if I build gtk2 and how could it eventually be avoided?

Kind regards
  Ib-Michael