Subject: Re: [port-i386@NetBSD.org] Missing packages
To: NetBSD Port-i386 Users <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Robert Zagarello <bzag0@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/2005 09:32:18
Michael,

If you can use CVS then use that instead of
downloading the pkgsrc tarball manually.  CVS will
"track" your updates to pkgsrc properly.  (Anyone else
please comment.)

Also, the command lintpkgsrc -i (installed from
pkgtools/pkglint) will tell you what the pkgsrc
updates are compared to your installed packages by
reporting "version mismatches".

pkg_info -nRv <pkgname> will also report package
dependencies (the "v" also reports package conflicts
from the packing list).

BZAG