Subject: Re: Fanless processor for socket 370?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2005 16:23:18
On 5/26/05, Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:23:27PM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> > Is there a such thing as a fanless CPU for socket 370?
>=20
> Not sure about changing the CPU, but there are certainly very quiet
> cooling options of many kinds.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. For info, here's a picture of the boar=
d:

http://www.abit-usa.com/images/products/bp6-large.jpg

I thought I was the coolest guy on my block back when I got it in
~1999. I found out I didn't need it. Now I have an AMD64, and once
again, I don't need it, but boy am I the coolest guy on my block
again... I can't believe I fall for this stuff...

Anyway, there isn't much room in there for those huge copper things. I
know of a way to quiet down fans a little (rough up the leading edge
of the blades), so I'll try that while I mull all of these great
suggestions.

I would actually prefer a totally fanless CPU (like my mips based
Cobalt Qube!), but it sounds like there isn't one that just drops in.

Thanks.

Andy