Subject: IBM Thin client
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: f f <unearthlyspectre@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/14/2005 13:18:15
Hello, list. Where to begin? Well, I recently got an
IBM thin client (it says model GXX), and it runs
Linux. Unfortunately, I don't have the root password,
and I'd rather install NetBSD on it. I opened it up
and took a look inside. It has no hard drive, but it
does have a 128MB compact Flash module, as well as
128MB of RAM. I think it has a Pentium (it said i586
on the chip).

So, in order to install NetBSD on it, I need some
help.

A) Does NetBSD support mounting a flash module as the
root filesystem?
B) How would I even install it (seeing as I have no CD
rom drive for it, and a network install is not an
option)?
C) Is the i586 supported? [The only stupid question is
one not asked  = )  ]
D) Does NetBSD support Apple mice and keyboards
(seeing as those are the only USB mice/keyboards I
have available right now)?

I look forward to getting NetBSD on it (if it is
possible)

Thank you,

Keenan Baudler