Subject: Re: SGI 540 (Intel Xeon SMP box).
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2005 20:31:37
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Richard Rauch wrote:
> There is a remote chance that I'll get a more protracted chance to
> play with it.  (I.e., get to take it into my possession and fool
> with it for a few weeks or months.)  If that happens, I'll
> definitely need assistance (and I'd only undertake that for the
> joy of seeing if I could somehow bring NetBSD up on it; (^&).

I remember from the very first days of the sgimips ports that I looked at
the bootloader then, and the ARCBIOS' API wasn't THAT horrible. "grep
ARCBIOS src/sys/arch/sgimips/stand/common/*" for some examples. But I may
be ways too optimistic - documentation would probably be needed in either
case - dunno how good Linux serves for that.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)