Subject: Re: can't connect ftp.netbsd.org
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2005 11:40:18
last i heard the sysadmins looked at some packets
and found that ftp.netbsd.org thinks our DNS server
is an address that is of an old discontinued DNS server
in hear.

they are going to get back to me.

so it seems a DNS issue.
don't quite understand this as from my perspective i
can obviously resolve ftp.netbsd.org ok. it just seems
that ftp.netbsd.org wants to to a DNS resolve back
again and it's using a discontinued DNS server in hear
to do it. ie the DNS server for our domain in hear is
now on a different IP.

the admin of our DNS is looking to see if it's a problem
here. i'm looking fwd to resolving it thats for sure.

cheers,
Paul.

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:25:45PM +1000, Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:
> >
> > Manuel,  thanks,
> >
> > the sysctl didn't work.
> >
> > the inet connection is fibre.
>
> Should have a MTU of 1500 bytes then, it should't be a problem.
> It really looks like an issue with the firewall software.
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>      NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology