Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/xen/xen
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2005 20:37:23
On 2005-03-28 bouyer@antioche.eu.org wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 06:36:06PM -0500, Matthew Orgass wrote:
> >
> >   The man page documents BARRIER_{READ,WRITE}_BEFORE_{READ,WRITE} and
> > BARRIER_SYNC, but no port implements them last time I checked.
>
> I didn't check the man page. sparc64 doesn't even define the flags
> required by the interface :(

  Neither do any of the other ports; the man page evidently got updated
well in advance of the code :(.  Currently there is no way to specify that
a particular driver correctly uses explicit barriers, so I don't think it
makes any difference at the moment (except for the theorical possibility
that interrupts could be reenabled before an ISR/IER write completes
without a BARRIER_SYNC, but hopefully this never happens).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com