Subject: Re: NetBSD support for AMD PowerNow
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: RUMI Szabolcs <rumi_ml@rtfm.hu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/2005 00:00:36
Hello,

I have to apologize to all people who wanted to help me, or me to
help them on PowerNow-related things but the laptop I was testing
with didn't belong to me and it was taken away so that I do not have
any testbed right now.

The PowerNow patch from Martin Vegiard, including my modifications,
is very far from perfect, I'd only call it a very preliminary support. If it
does work on a certain laptop at all then it seems to work stable,
I don't think it is really dangerous to use it, but if you'd ask me
officially, I'd advise against using it on production systems.

It would be a lot better if someone who owns one or more PowerNow
laptops or Cool'n'Quiet (=PowerNow for Opteron) systems could rewrite
the whole thing from scratch. I appended some information I gathered
to PR#26239 hoping that it might help with this.

Regards,

Szabolcs Rumi