Subject: Re: is audio fully working for anyone on T30?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/2005 16:03:45
In message <20050308231444.C78E71F6B@fnord.ir.bbn.com>,
Greg Troxel writes:
>I had trouble with Thinkpad 600E audio, and there the issue was that
>the CS chip was more advanced than the driver, and some of the needed
>registers (mic gain) were in the double-secret extended register set
>that you had to do something funky (one already did indirection to get
>at registers and there was some double indirection) to get at.  [..]

I continue to have trouble on at least two Thinkpad 600X
machines. About half the time, resume from zzz times out accessing
some chip registers, then all(?) registers on the DAC, ...

I still use those machines for IPsec testing, and one wll continue to
be my main laptop until ACPI is a complete subsitute for APM.

If you know of a fix (even a partial fix) I'd really appreciate it.