Subject: Re: ISA (?) ethernet problem
To: Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists@vlack.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/2005 01:10:30
On Jul 28,  7:31pm, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
}
} I have acquired a Compaq LTE 5150 laptop and docking station. It
} works (except for the battery, but supposedly that's easily fixable),
} and I can boot tomsrtbt (linux) or the netbsd floppy installer - no
} cdrom for the moment.
}
} Linux can see the network interface just fine, and I have
} successfully transferred something over it... it detects it as an
} NE2000. NetBSD, however, doesn't see anything in 'ifconfig ne0' or
} 'ifconfig ne1'. I believe that the card is over an ISA bus. If I'm
} just missing something obvious, please tell me; netbsd is not very
} familiar territory.

     Can you post the appropriate parts of the Linux dmesg?  Also, post
the NetBSD dmesg.  You can also try 'ifconfig -a' on NetBSD which will
show all the adapters that NetBSD knows about.

}-- End of excerpt from Micah R Ledbetter