Subject: Re: Unpredictable reboots.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/2005 12:45:37
--Apple-Mail-11-741035525

On 5-Mar-05, at 11:25 AM, Peter Seebach wrote:

> In message <62be434a8707295b4ac1a1fe31c2283f@planix.com>, Andreas
> Wrede writes:
>> "Me too".  I also applied the diffs from Charles Hannum's Jan 26
>> commit
>> to src/sys/netinet: tcp_input.c tcp_timer.c tcp_var.h.  And I am
>> seeing
>> the same to_ticks counts.
>
> I find that strangely comforting.
>
> The machine seems to be otherwise fine.
>
> If it matters, the machine is SMP, running a pair of P3 1Ghz, on a
> ServerWorks
> board.  I wouldn't think that would matter, but maybe it does.
>
> I've added some more printfs, but nothing's shown for a while.  I got
> 31 hits
> in 11 minutes, then nothing; I am wondering whether this is triggered
> by
> interaction with specific machines with malfunctioning TCP stacks.
> That would
> explain going a week without seeing it, then having 10 hits in a row,
> always
> in sendmail.

See PR 22551
(http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=22551) - for
me at the time the assert was triggered frequently by outgoing smtp
connections to smtp.secureserver.net, which appeared to be a
load-balancer front-ending a number of different host.
--
	aew

--Apple-Mail-11-741035525
	name=PGP.sig