Subject: Re: Unpredictable reboots.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/2005 10:25:46
In message <62be434a8707295b4ac1a1fe31c2283f@planix.com>, Andreas Wrede writes:
>"Me too".  I also applied the diffs from Charles Hannum's Jan 26 commit
>to src/sys/netinet: tcp_input.c tcp_timer.c tcp_var.h.  And I am seeing
>the same to_ticks counts.

I find that strangely comforting.

The machine seems to be otherwise fine.

If it matters, the machine is SMP, running a pair of P3 1Ghz, on a ServerWorks
board.  I wouldn't think that would matter, but maybe it does.

I've added some more printfs, but nothing's shown for a while.  I got 31 hits
in 11 minutes, then nothing; I am wondering whether this is triggered by
interaction with specific machines with malfunctioning TCP stacks.  That would
explain going a week without seeing it, then having 10 hits in a row, always
in sendmail.

-s