Subject: Unpredictable reboots.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/2005 08:42:48
We have a 2.0.1 system which reboots sometimes.  It was previously the
to_ticks >= 0 kassert which was supposed to be fixed by recent changes in
tcp_input.c and friends.  However, now, we have a shiny new kernel, which
still reboots occasionally.  It isn't dropping into DDB, which makes me very
nervous.  However, we have nothing else that might imply any kind of hardware
problem; it just reboots a couple of times a day, or sometimes maybe every
other day.  It was rock solid until maybe a month or two back, around the time
we upgraded to the official release.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?  If it matters, the machine is SMP.

-s