Subject: Re: "mbrlabel" weirdness - bug or feature?
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Alec Muffett <alecm@crypticide.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/2005 22:51:11
> The first time around, I mapped out the space used for suspend
> entirely from within netbsd, by dd'ing out known data and seeing what
> had changed after suspend/resume. No bios geometry math needed :)

I considered that, but decided it was too masochistic whilst challenged
by the matter of first: how to get a kernel onto the machine.  8-)

I am now on my second FTP-based rebuild, am pleased with progress; I
junked the first build after discovering that (a) /etc/ttys didn't make
use of ttyE? (ie: there were no virtual consoles) and X would not
start, declaring it to be lacking a "Core Pointer"; /dev/wsmouse access
would yield "Device not configured" and things looked pretty grim.  I
rebuilt with GENERIC, rather than GENERIC_LAPTOP, and hoopla the PCMCIA
still works, and my finely-tuned X config works too.

This looks promising.  Thanks, all!

	-a

--
Alec Muffett