Subject: Re: "mbrlabel" weirdness - bug or feature?
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Alec Muffett <alecm@crypticide.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/2005 14:16:59
--Apple-Mail-4--567483310

> If you're using the whole disk for NetBSD (as you apparently do), only
> configure one MBR partition for NetBSD, and then use disklabel to do
> the actual partitioning.

There's the issue; the gap I need to leave for the hibernation space is
specifiable in BIOS sectors (1024 +/- 15, or thereabouts) - if I was to
try and get clever with NetBSD partitions, I would need to create a
"hibernation" partition specified using NetBSD disk geometry.  I don't
yet understand well enough to convert from one to the other...

--
Alec Muffett
alecm@crypticide.com

--Apple-Mail-4--567483310