Subject: re: tandberg tdc 4200 (Panther 2GB external scsi) tape under netbsd
To: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
From: Peter L. Peres <plp@actcom.co.il>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/2005 01:45:57
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Am 16.02.2005 um 22:09 Uhr +0200 schrieb Peter L. Peres:
>> I am trying to continue my taping experience. I was able to test a tdc
>> 4200 under netbsd and it gave me io errors on access.
>
> The exact error messages could help here.

I forgot to mention that the drive light goes amber (orange) at the
first attempt to read or write or even retension. I can only issue a
status command without failure, after scsi bus reset. The device cannot
be reset alone after it enters this fault mode (cannot be reset as a
scsi device - I have to reset the entire bus, then scan for it to come
back).

thanks,
Peter