Subject: re: tandberg tdc 4200 (Panther 2GB external scsi) tape under
To: Peter L. Peres <plp@actcom.co.il>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/16/2005 23:00:18
Am 16.02.2005 um 22:09 Uhr +0200 schrieb Peter L. Peres:
>I am trying to continue my taping experience. I was able to test a
>tdc 4200 under netbsd and it gave me io errors on access.

The exact error messages could help here.

>I am not sure if I used a compatible cartridge though. This drive is
>reported as 'rogue' by the detect code in the kernel. Before I waste
>too much time with this, has anyone got a tdc 4200 or similar tape
>working under netbsd ?

I ran a 4220 for years with a hacked st driver -- the QIC EOM
handling is special. Without seeing your error messages it's hard to
tell, though, whether the quirk entries are still needed.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik