Subject: Re: Thank you NetBSD
To: M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de, someone_u_know <cariley_ja@yahoo.com>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/15/2005 16:55:42
On Feb 15,  7:39pm, Matthias Drochner wrote:
>cariley_ja@yahoo.com said:
>> Some one mentioned something about GRUB not being able to support
>> NetBSD
>We are using GRUB to netboot NetBSD on at least one system.
>Works basically. It just doesn't pass the boot device to
>the kernel. (Probably other bootinfos are missing too, but
>less important.) Just use a "root on xxx" line in the
>kernel configuration.
}-- End of excerpt from Matthias Drochner

With GRUB in RedHat 9, I compiled the NetBSD kernel with COMPAT_OLDBOOT
defined, and the parameters get passed successfully.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Happiness, n.:
	An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of
another.