Subject: Re: Thank you NetBSD
To: None <bsdfun@comcast.net>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/2005 13:35:16
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:27:03 -0500, Video Mike <bsdfun@comcast.net> wrote:
> Dear NetBSD,
>
> Just dropping a note to thank all of you at NetBSD for such a fantastic
> Operating System!  I think it is God's gift to the computer and I am
> very pleased at it's performance and stability.  If only the rest of the
> world knew about NetBSD, then maybe we could get some real
> productivity instead of fighting security issues and the like with that
> other over bloated OS whose company name I shall not mention.
>
> Again thanks for the great work.

I'd like to say that I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. I'm
not sure that the security issues are due to NetBSD being relatively
unknown, but I do believe that if it were more popular, there would be
real pressure on the developers to write a modern filesystem.
FFS+softdep+dirpref+dirhash is all well and good until your machine
crashes and you have to fsck 260+ gigs.

--
Sean