Subject: Re: 3ware management tools for NetBSD using the FreeBSD binaries?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2005 15:10:08
Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 06:37:32PM -0800, Brian Buhrow:
> 	Hello.  I'm trying to use the FreeBSD binary tools for the 3ware RAID
> controller cards under NetBSD-2.0, and I find that they cannot find the
> controller cards.  It looks like they try to look for 3ware data in the
> sysctl tree, and failing that, give up.  I've looked in the NetBSD-current
> sources to see if anyone has made the sysctl stuff work with the 3ware
> cards in the twe(4) driver, but it appears not.  So, since I assume someone
> must be using some 3ware management utilities, I wonder what it is they're
> using, and how they made them work?

Adding a few sysctls seems to get FreeBSD's tw_cli working.  You can try
these diffs:
	http://shrubbery.net/~heas/twe.diff.tgz

I have NOT tested it, but it does display controller information.  Note
that it needs /dev/tweN.  tw_cli tries to create these, but does so with
the wrong major device number.  cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV twe0.  It will also
remove them if it believes the controller does not exist, eg: twe1 and
so forth.