Subject: Interrupt help with zaptel drivers?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/2005 14:08:44
I'm working on porting a driver ("wcfxo") from FreeBSD for Digium X100P
boards (and clones) for use with the Asterisk PBX (www.asterisk.org),
and I'm having what appear to be interrupt-related problems - namely,
I'm not getting any from the board most of the time.  Under FreeBSD, it
works most of the time on the same motherboard, though I _have_ gotten
it to fail in a similar way, namely that the interrupt routine never
gets called.  _Once_ (and never again), I managed to get it booted in
such a way under NetBSD that I was getting interrupts.

I've twiddled various PCI interrupt settings on my motherboard, but I
haven't gotten a single setting that seems to work much better than
others - in some slots, the card gets its own irq, in others it shares
with (for example) the onboard IDE controller - it seems to work better
under FreeBSD with the non-shared slot, but I can't reliably get it to
fail under FreeBSD or work under NetBSD.  :(

Would someone be willing to help me out a bit here - make some
suggestions of things to try in the BIOS, look at code and suggest
changes?  Interestingly enough, in one of my systems (dual p3 with
serverworks chipset), having one of these cards installed makes the BIOS
screen not even come up.  :/  (I have two of them, they both act the
same - they're both the same manufacturer, though)

I realize there isn't much detail in this post - I've been banging my
head against this for a couple days and can't figure out what I might be
doing wrong.

Thanks,
+j