Subject: Re: TV-Card TerraTValue - no sound
To: Timo Schmidt <netbsd@xomit.de>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/2005 13:09:46
On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 17:48 +0100, Timo Schmidt wrote:
[snip]
> With both configurations, the following line appears in
> dmesg:
>
> | Brooktree Bt878 Video Capture (Audio Section) (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 11 function 1 not configured
>
> Both, fxtv and xawtv (compiled from current pkgsrc) comes up
> with correct video but no sound.
>
> System in question is:
>
> | # uname -mprs
> | NetBSD 2.0 i386 i386
>
> Did I miss something or is NetBSD not fully supporting
> this TV card currently?

The audio capture portion of the card isn't currently supported. You can
still run an analog audio cable from the output on your bktr card
(either internal or external) into an input of your audio card to
capture sound that way.

Ross Roskins had begun work on an aubktr(4) driver to support the audio
capture portion of these cards (see http://www.elfin.net/netbsd/aubktr/
for details). It seems that he was unable to get audio to capture
properly.

Cheers,
Jared