Subject: ACPI suspend support.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kentaro A. Kurahone <kurahone@sigusr1.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/2005 06:25:46
Originally posted to tech-kern, but most of the issues are i386 specific:

Is there anyone currently working on the ACPI code?  The laptop I've been
using recently doen't support APM at all, and having suspend would be nice.

That being said, I've poked at the code a bit, mainly by cribbing from the
FreeBSD 5 tree, and http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/acpi-wakeup-1

It looks like S1 suspend will "Just Work" since the hardware takes care of
everything.  Laptop doen't implement that though so I can't test it. :/

S3 suspend needs the acpi-wakeup-1 patch, slightly modified wakeup code,
and lots and lots of new powerhooks.  With those changes it half works
though I still need to add some more code before it's what I'd consider
"usable".

--
Kentaro A. Kurahone
SIGUSR1 Research and Development