Subject: questions: pmsprobe, fdisk/disklabel
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter L. Peres <plp@actcom.co.il>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/23/2005 13:13:51
Hello,

I have two questions which seem to have no easy answers:

- what causes this on boot: pmsprobe: reset error 5

before I look in the source and try to find out myself, I would like to
know if anyone else has seen this error.

- how do I reconciliate the fdisk partition table and the disklabel ? I
have a disk I am using for testing, it has a 2.4G netbsd slice in
primary entry 1 and a linux swap and ext2 partition in 2nd and 3rd
respectively. fdisk sees them but disklabel does not, it says the 2nd
partition is swap and the 3rd is 'unknown'. I used disklabel -e to edit
it but it refuses the ext2fs type. How do I reconcile them ? I am able
to mount the disk under linux and see the data on partition 3. Other
ext2fs disks (not partitions) can be mounted with no disklabel problems
(disklabel complains but mount works).

tia,
Peter