Subject: Twiddler on i386 laptop
To: NetBSD/i386 List <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2005 13:51:19
I'm trying to get a "Twiddler 2" working on my laptop.  The Twiddler is a
handheld mouse+keyboard which plugs into the USB port.  My laptop is
running 2.0.

The first time I plugged the twiddler in, it worked perfectly.  I got the
following messages on console:

uhidev0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Marson Marson Keyboard and Mouse Link Ver:ps2120L, rev 1.00/0.01,
addr 2, iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1
uhidev1: Marson Marson Keyboard and Mouse Link Ver:ps2120L, rev 1.00/0.01,
addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0

I was able to type and move the mouse in X.  That as last night.  But after
many tries, I've not gotten it to work again.  Now, I generally get one of
the following messages:

uhub0: port 1 reset failed
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

Occasionally I get the correct attach messages, but the twiddler doesn't
work (no input is sent).  I've rebooted my laptop into Windows 2000 and the
twiddler works fine with no special drivers, so I don't think there is a
hardware problem.

What could the problem be?  How would I diagnose this further?

	-Kevin