Subject: Re: nvnet (nforce network driver)
To: Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd@gendalia.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/2005 07:27:36
--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 08:33:15PM -0600, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
>=20
> In message <41EDBFF0.1060004@uiowa.edu>, Harley Laue writes:
> >I'm quite new to NetBSD (as in I just installed it today, but have had=
=20
> >some experience with FreeBSD, but most of my experience is with Linux.)=
=20
> >I was wondering if there's a way to get an nForce network card to run on=
=20
> >NetBSD. FreeBSD has a ported version of nvnet, and Linux has forcedeth=
=20
> >and the official nvnet. I was wondering if NetBSD had any similar driver=
=20
> >which I've just missed in my search on google, and on the web site.=20
> >FreeBSD also has the NDIS for loading Windows network drivers. I also=20
> >couldn't find anything like this for NetBSD.
> >
> >If there isn't any driver for the nForce network card I was wondering if=
=20
> >someone who knows NetBSD coding could port one of the above drivers to=
=20
> >work with NetBSD. If there isn't anyway for any of these options to be=
=20
> >used (an existing driver or porting one to NetBSD) I'll just give in and=
=20
> >buy and NetBSD compatible card.
>=20
> If anyone wants to work on this, I've got one in my build machine and
> I can do any testing fairly easily.  (It also has a 3com chipset.)

I'm currently working on it.  I haven't had much time for it since the
busy holidays of the end of the year, but hopefully I should resume and
finish fairly soon.

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--