Subject: Re: NetBSD in logical partition
To: someone_u_know <cariley_ja@yahoo.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2005 21:01:17
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 02:43:21PM -0800, someone_u_know wrote:

> Thanks David. But in effect this would mean you can't
> use another boot program right? Like GAG?

You need something that is willing to read the first sector of an
extended partition to address 0x7c00 and then jump to it.

To my knowledge only the NetBSD mbr_lba code is capable of doing that.

Something like the M$ booter - which wants a copy of the sector in
its own filestore - might also work.

One advantage of using the NetBSD mbr code, is that you can select
between different netbsd root filesystems by selecting different
mbr partitions.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk