Subject: Re: Sun qfe in i386 question
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/30/2004 11:25:48
On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 03:31:54PM -0600, Peter Eisch wrote:
> I just added the qfe (as hme*) to my i386 kernel and it sees the interfaces.
> Unfortunately the MAC addrs are all 00:00:00:00:00:00.

If you look at sys/dev/pci/if_hme_pci.c and search for
HME_USE_LOCAL_MAC_ADDRESS you'll find that by default on anything but sparc
machines the hme driver tries to dig a ethernet address from the forth code.

Why it fails for your board I have no idea. Maybe the code has only been
tested for single hme boards and the prom is hidden slightly different on
qfe.

Martin