Subject: Re: NetBSD-2.0 Install CD does not boot on Dell
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/21/2004 15:05:13
On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 02:46:29PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 12:54:12PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> > But really, the ISOs available from ftp.netbsd.org
> > should have more recent bootloaders!
>
> Please explain in more details, it's not clear what you did that made it boot
> for you. A -current bootloader works but 2.0 does not? That would be a good
> reason to file a PR.

I got it to boot using floppydisks (boot1.fs and boot2.fs), so I didn't get it
to boot from CD. The 2.0 CD does not boot at all on the machine. The 2.0 LiveCD
does boot but uses the Grub bootloader. Emails from others (see CC:) suggest
that a -current bootloader does boot on this type of machine, but I haven't been
able to try yet.

Feico.