Subject: Re: Yet another 2.0 upgrade question (YA2UQ ?)
To: Rich Neswold <rich.neswold@gmail.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2004 11:11:51
> I'm in the same boat as you (upgrading a headless 1.6.2 system.) The
> only reason I'm thinking about re-installing is that I want to use
> UFS2 on the disks.

Why? AFAICT the only differences between FFSv1 and FFSv2 are that the
metadata takes up twice the space on FFSv2, and that newfs is faster on FFSv2.

> So I'm adding the following questions to this discussion: When
> upgrading from 1.6.2 to 2.0, is there an easy way to change the
> filesystem to UFS2?

Nope, you need to run newfs and then restore a backup.

> Does the UFS2 support pulled from FreeBSD include
> the filesystem snapshot support?

It didn't, although someone has added fs snapshot support to NetBSD which,
IIRC, covers UFS1 and UFS2.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk