Subject: Yet another 2.0 upgrade question (YA2UQ ?)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2004 09:55:41
Hi,

I'm currently running 1.6.2 on a headless system that I ssh into (it's
a combo firewall/NAT/PPPoE/web proxy box for my home network).  I'm
thinking about upgrading to 2.0 by:  1) installing 2.0 source(s), 2)
building a 2.0 kernel, 3) rebooting with the new kernel and 4) doing a
build.sh to build 2.0 userland.  Will this strategy work?  Can a stock
1.6.2 gcc build a 2.0 kernel? Any thoughts much appreciated.

On another note, I've seen some discussion on the lists about problems
with ipf/ipfilter in 2.0.  I'm currently perfectly happy with my
ipfilter setup and my rules.  Once I have 2.0 installed can I just use
my current ipf.conf and things "will just work"?

thanks,

Steve