Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 (SMP) fails on Siemens Primergy
To: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@web.de>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2004 14:50:16
> Georg Schwarz wrote:
> > I've just installed NetBSD 2.0 on a Siemens Primergy (Dual 133 MHz
> > Pentium I PC, EISA, ISA, PCI, 128 MB RAM) selecting the GENERIC.MP
> > kernel. It fails on boot with the following messages (if you need more
> > of them, please let me know) (comments in [] brackets are mine)
>
> A PCD-5T...?

yes.

> > panic: lazy bum
> [...]
> > I would really appreciate if you could look into the issue; maybe
> > telling me what changes to make to the kernel in order to further
> > investigate the issue.
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2003/09/23/0005.html
>

> Unfortunately I could not find anyone who would implement support for
> such SMP machines into 2.0.
> Maybe it is the right time now. I am still available for testing :-)

Is there anything I could do to assist that process?
If not, I'll replace NetBSD with another OS for that machine.

BTW, I have another almost identical machine running Linux 2.4.X.
FreeBSD 4.X also runs fine, while FreeBSD 5.X has problems as well.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 177 8811442