Subject: Booting 2.0
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: devis <devis@easynix.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2004 02:48:00
Hi list,

 I was waiting for 2.0 with great anticipation unfortunately the same
issue than any previous bootable release of netbsd has failed on that
machine. I have 3 of those happily running netbsd but i had to install
them from another computer and move the disk across once installed.

 The Machines are IBM Intellistation MPro, Dual able slot1 PentiumIII
500 Mhzm 256 ECC SDram. All other bootable cd of any other OS do boots
successfully. When a netbsd disk is inserted, the decompression starts
and fails on the first segment, no error is produced, just a loud bip
and the machine resets on its own.

 Sorry if this is recurrent / already discussed, i really want to know
what makes it fail and would appreciate any pointers. Thank you.