Subject: NetBSD-2.0 Install CD does not boot on Dell
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/2004 12:25:37
Hi,

I tried booting the NetBSD-2.0 iso on a Dell Precision 360 machine
and get a Disk read error before even getting the bootloader prompt.
The CD works fine on two other machines. The NetBSD-1.6 install
CD gives similar results. The NetBSD-2.0-Live
CD found on ftp.netbsd.org does boot fine, probably because it uses
Grub as bootloader. Is there a known problem with the NetBSD
bootloader? Googling didn't give me anything. If somebody can/will
make or already has a CD that will boot on such machines, I only
happy to make it available on our ftp server.

Feico.