Subject: NetBSD 2.0
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Ibbotson <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/2004 17:01:50
Hi

Nice software.  Good to see a new release :)

It's silly question time again.  After building a new firewall/router
box and running 'ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf.conf' I find that all rules are
loaded  as they should.  Running ipfstat shows that 11 output packets
are blocked in the first 30 minutes of use but nothing is blocked
coming in.  This makes me a bit suspicious :)

Running 'ipftest -v' I get a reply which says "no rules loaded" even
though I have loaded them myself.  Does anyone think that this is a
bug in ipftest ?  The rules have definitely been loaded.

Tried a reboot but the same still happens.

--
Richard