Subject: Re: unable to boot NetBSD 2.0 iso
To: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/2004 00:09:41
In article <33A8FD0E-495E-11D9-B1AA-0003938BD004@tiac.net>,
	jsarkes@tiac.net (Joseph Sarkes) writes:
> My Toshiba satelite laptop will not boot the
> new NetBSD 2.0 iso. It hangs after probing the
> cardbus device if memory serves, but I don't know
> what it is actually trying to do when it wedges.
>
> Let me know if there is something else to try to
> get the system to boot, or if I need a different
> kernel.

The natural thing to try would be the "bootlap" images, made from
the "INSTALL_LAPTOP" kernel. There's a hook in the iso-image target
to easily make an image with a bootlap-big kernel, if you were making
images.  Probably easier for you, would be to make the bootlap1 and
bootlap2 floppies from the images on the CD-ROM, and boot from them.
You can still install the sets from CD-ROM.

Frederick