Subject: Re: Asus K8V Audio
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20041201T225747@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/2004 23:10:03
cjs@cynic.net (Curt Sampson) writes:
> I have an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard with a
> It seems to play back au files ok, but I just get nasty noise trying to
> record. Anybody got any ideas?

I noticed a similar problem with this board back around April.

The asus k8v-se-d is somewhat unusual in that it has only 3 stereo
jacks for 6-channels of output, 2 channels of line-in, and one channel
of mic in.  The line-in and mic-in jacks are really bi-directional and
the kernel needs to tell the low level hardware whether to configure
the jack for input or output.  I'll make a bet the audio paths are
never set up for mic-in.

I spent some time trying to dig up the programmer's docs for the VIA
VT8237 but came up empty handed.

-wolfgang