Subject: APM problems on 1.6.2 on thinkpad 570
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/22/2004 16:36:16
Hello!

I have a ThinkPad 570 laptop, on which I intend to run NetBSD 1.6.2 . I
had problems with APM support, so as per posts on this mailing list (and
others), I played around with the various APM-related kernel options,
namely APM_V10_ONLY and APM_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS=0. Unfortunately, Neither
really solved the situation.

apmd simply doesn't seem to receive any APM messages from the BIOS,
should I close the lid, use the power button or the Fn-F# combinations -
and accordingly, it doesn't call any of the /etc/apm/* scripts.
Additionally, if I issue apm -z, then it can resume once, but the second
time I use it, the system freezes. This may be related to the scripts
not getting called in this case either, and thus not powering down the
network card, but I can't be sure.

Does anyone have a clue how I could solve these problems?

thanks
mortee