Subject: Re: Access to v2.0 i386 and sparc64 packages.
To: Soren Jacobsen <snj@pobox.com>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/22/2004 15:45:49
Soren Jacobsen writes:
 > On 11/21 20:22, Ib-Michael Martinsen wrote:
 > > Hello there.
 > >
 > > What is wrong with ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/i386
 > > and ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/sparc64?
 > >
 > > When I try to access them I get the following error message:
 > >
 > > File not found
 > > 550 i386 : not a plain file
 > >
 > > and analogous for sparc64. The two directories are also timestamped
 > > differently from the others in ..../2.0/.
 > >
 > > Who should be notified about this matter to bring it in order?
 >
 > It looks like, at the moment, I'm the guy to blame for sparc64 package
 > stuff.  However, what you are seeing is intentional.  Not only do I have
 > an updated set of packages to upload, 2.0 has not been released yet.
 > Those directories will be opened up when we release.  The fact that you
 > can access those powerpc packages is the unfortunate result of lack of
 > coordination.

OK, that explains it. So I'll just have to wait or build them myself
unless you can confirm the following question:

Is it possible to use v1.6 packages with NetBSD v2.0?

A similar question about NetBSD v1.6.2:

If a packages is not build for v1.6.2, is it then possible to use the
corresponding v1.6 or v1.6.1 package with NetBSD v1.6.2?

Kind regards
  Ib-Michael
--
email at home: imm(at)nethotel.dk