Subject: Re: 2.0rc4 unstability
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org, netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/19/2004 17:43:55
>>> We used to be able to email to query-pr@ to retrieve the PR with
>>> Subject: --full 26908
>> Too bad this service ceased.  Does anybody know why?
> It stopped because someone repeatedly conducted denial-of-service
> attacks on it by flooding us with mail that did large queries.  We
> decided that, though it was a convenient service to have, it was not
> worth the maintenance hassle (very few people actually used it).

I will volunteer to handle such queries, provided the load stays
reasonable (for my own definition of "reasonable").  Because I will be
in the loop between email and gnats query, gnats will not be subjected
to DoS attacks through it, and DoS attacks on me will be treated like
any other DoS attacks on my email system.  Unfortunately, it also means
the turnaround time will be higher, because it will have to be on a
"when I get to it" basis.

Mail to netbsd-query-pr@rodents.montreal.qc.ca.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign